A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: This position will be responsible for conducting analyses that will be used to drive the growth of our R&D and business portfolio, tracking strategic implementation, and driving best practices across research customer segments. You will develop and deliver strategic recommendations with respect to new initiatives, conduct SWOT analysis, build business cases, and track revenue. Operating at the nexus of Marketing, R&D, and Business Development, this is a highly visible role with excellent career advancement opportunities.
- Conduct macro market analysis, including funding, trends, hot areas, competitors, etc. for research customer segments
- Provide input on segment strategic projects
- Analyze business performance through multiple dimensions
- Monitor pharmaceutical pipeline development
- Track performance of key strategic initiatives
- Develop and deliver “State of the Union” reports for Academic, Pharma, and Biotech industries
Who You Are
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD
- Experience in life sciences or engineering preferred
- Degree in business, life science or engineering, ideally with MBA and/or post-graduate degree(s) desired
- General knowledge/experience with drug discovery and development and good grasp of the market dynamics in the life sciences strongly preferred
- Experience at a top-tier consulting firm preferred, ideally in life science or healthcare strategy
- Sharp business acumen, analytic and communication skills; experience with major pharma databases a plus
- Strong project management, leadership, and facilitation skills, including experience with working in cross-function matrix teams, and building consensus across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated agility to multitask and manage time
- Solid computer skills, and experience with digital analytics
- Good team player
- Ability to travel 10-20% including international trips
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.