A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Principal Clinical Trial Lead / Associate Director
Clinical Trial Management is responsible for the strategic and tactical operational delivery and execution of R&D sponsored programs for all corporate sponsored programs for Phase I - Phase IV.
The Principal Clinical Trial Lead / Associate Director is a mid/senior level position responsible and accountable for planning, coordinating, overseeing, and conducting complex global clinical trials in one or more therapeutic areas. The Principal Clinical Trial Lead / Associate Director contributes strategic, value-added perspectives or advisory services that are important to decision, collaborating in a global environment, using best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve processes, standards, and services. The Principal Clinical Trial Lead / Associate Director is accountable to drive and monitor protocol related activities throughout the lifecycle of the project ensuring targets are met according to timelines, budget and quality expectations. Leads multiple cross-functional teams and drives oversight of CRO’s and vendor management according to partnership model. Has in-depth business knowledge and strategic understanding of how cross-functional teams jointly achieve objectives and goals of trial team, utilizing knowledge of the organization, processes, customers and key business drivers to increase effectiveness. The Principal Clinical Trial Lead / Associate Director has significant impact on a range of important customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams that affect team performance and the way people work.
Who you are:
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals) preferred or equivalent work experience that provides knowledge of theories, principles and concepts within the relevant discipline.
- Requires substantial professional experience (8 – 10 years) in clinical research in CRO, Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology Industry with at least 5 years of expertise in clinical trial management including management responsibility (as a Clinical Study Manager / Clinical Project Manager / Clinical Research Manager / Clinical Trial Manager)
- Proven experience in all aspects of clinical trial management
- Proven track record of having successfully led one or more global clinical trials
- Position requires both domestic and international travel up to 30%
- Professional Skills, Qualifications and Experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at