A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Your Role: You will drive Commercial strategies for early assets to ensure the development of innovative, differentiated products that meet unmet needs in oncology. You'll work collaboratively internally and externally to develop and drive strategic commercial insights that shape global project plans, as well as deliver global commercialization strategies and tactical execution to ensure oncology pipeline products achieve their maximum potential. The core responsibilities are to: own/lead all commercial aspects of the Research-Development-Commercial process for the Oncology Pipeline Programs (beginning in Phase 0); engage on strategic and tactical aspects for early pipeline development decisions, and to work collaboratively internally and externally to ensure commercial insights shape global strategy and project plans.
Who You Are:
- Degrees / advanced degree(s) in life sciences required; MBA preferred but not required
- Relevant pharmaceutical marketing experience; oncology experience a plus
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Highly effective analytical and non-linear thinking; Foresight to drive desired outcomes through early decisions/recommendations
- Effective influencing and collaborating -- demonstrated ability to participate in, as well as lead, multidisciplinary teams and drive efficient decisions to accomplish business goals in a highly complex matrix environment
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical business and drug development
- Strong understanding of the future direction of oncology with respect to diagnostic development with biomarkers and market access trends worldwide
- Normal and routine office duties
- Position requires domestic and international travel up to 20% of time
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.