A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will work closely with our Data Science team and business partners to create flexible and scalable applications which turn business data into value for our company. You will be responsible for the whole front-end architecture and development, creating rich web-based front-ends that consume RESTful services and render responsive layouts for desktop, tablet, and other small screen devices. We offer experienced front-end developers the opportunity to boost their career, working in an interdisciplinary high-performance team that is focused on innovation in the intersection of business, analytics and digital technology.
We are a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees in 67 countries work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life – from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
We are currently hiring a Senior Front-End Developer to strengthen the Data Science team in our digital business unit, which drives the digital transformation for our company globally and across business divisions – leveraging cutting edge technology to reach new customers, improve operational efficiency, and to create entirely new business models. The Senior Front-End Developer will make our analytical solutions useful for the business users by transforming algorithms and mathematics into beautiful, clear and easy-to-use applications.
Who You Are:
• Lead the development of customized web application solutions for the delivery of information to business partners.
• Architect the consumption of RESTful web services into views and event-driven behaviors as defined by the application requirements.
• Deliver reusable React-based components driven by data and UI requirements
• Maintain Code quality through testing, code reviews and refactoring
• B.S. in Computer Science or related field;
• 2+ years working with database technologies
• 2+ years experience in Node js and Express js
• Demonstrated experience using APIs , service-oriented architecture and building scalable applications.
• Experience working on analytic-focused web applications
• Experience designing/developing applications that present complex information via visualization
• Experience with writing tests using Jasmine, Mocha, Jest, or similar.
• Experience with Node deployments a plus; build tools module loaders such as Gulp and Webpack
• Experience using git and Agile development practices
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong knowledge and understanding of API driven development; (REST, JSON, HTTP methods)
• Strong knowledge of version control systems (Git preferred)
• Working knowledge of UX design principles, Search Engine Optimization, Information Architecture
• Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google BigQuery, SAP HANA, Palantir Foundry, React a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.