A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are looking for an experienced Operational Excellence Manager to join our manufacturing facility in Cork. The operational excellence manager will be required to manage and lead continuous improvement activities for the sites achieving safety, customer satisfaction & cost improvements. There will be a strong emphasis not only on training but also change management.
We are seeking for an individual with strong knowledge of lean expertise. As essential for the candidate is a positive record of accomplishment in implementing and inspiring an organization for continuous improvement and change. The candidate will lead their own projects, coach other individuals running continuous improvement projects and support the local management team in achieving a continuous improvement culture.
This role serves as a great platform for people to develop their career into other areas of the business, there is a proven track record of individuals who have undertaken this role in the past who have moved onto broader or more senior positions within the company.
The candidate will report to the Head of Operational Excellence of the technology cluster.
- Able to lead, execute complex process improvement projects.
- Identify waste, and develop specific proposals and execution plans for improvement projects
- Run the local continuous improvement pipeline with the site management team including the selection and tracking of running projects
- Participate in global projects and actively seek and share best practices in the network
- Supports CI culture development through bottom-up approach (engagement, empowerment & autonomy at all levels of the organization) within the site through the implementation of the right basics, OPEX pillars & best practices with appropriate org development
- Owns the continuous improvement process, rituals, escalation & cascade of KPI’s and the improvement dynamics of them
- Coach and train Belts
- Proven demonstration in application of Lean Six Sigma tools
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and communication skills
- Ability to influence with indirect or no authority
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to teach and coach
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills
- Experienced green belt, ideally Lean and Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
- Bachelor's Degree
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Strong Project Management skills
- Mentoring Experience
- Six Sigma Project Experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at