A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Account Manager Applied Solutions – Central UK.
In this exciting role you are responsible to continually and consistently increase our market share and sales by identifying new business opportunities, maintaining, growing business and driving collaboration with customers in our Applied Solutions segment to solve their unique challenges.
As a member of the Western European Sales team, you will sell our broad portfolio of chemicals, analytical products, and our custom capabilities for raw materials to customers based in Central UK To visit these customers travelling is required within this area. You will create value for both the customer and our company and you will manage projects and resources to ensure long term profitable growth. By working closely together with Field Sales Specialists in Lab Water, BioMonitoring and Advanced Analytics, Sales Support, Technical Service, and Marketing, you will emphasize differentiation from our competitors, and build upon our reputation for excellence within your territory.
Who you are:
• Minimally a Degree (or MSc or PhD ) in Life Sciences (for example Chemistry, Biological sciences or Biotechnology)
• Previous sales experience within a similar industry is essential
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Strong self-motivator, proactive and positive attitude, works well independently or as part of a team
• Flexible and willing to travel within the central part of the UK to optimize customer engagement; occasional international travel
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at