A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The objectives of the role are to provide Senior Management and other stakeholders with robust product and market analysis for a launch brand as well as EMD Serono’s largest revenue product. Analyses will allow for a deep understanding of the marketplace and products, as well as track success in the market. This individual will work with the team to develop KPI metrics, tracking products and market events, and communicating insights. The position requires close collaboration with the Sr. Manager, Forecasting and others in the organization to align on goal tracking. The position supports individuals throughout the organization in understanding data available within the Business Excellence department and will be responsible for data analysis and communication of insights. This position will report to the Associate Director, Forecasting and Performance Metrics, part of the EMD Serono Business Excellence department. This individual will act as a partner who contributes to business performance with joint accountability with other functions with a thorough understanding of our marketplace and products.
Who you are:
- BS/BA required, MBA preferred
- Fluency in English is required
- 2-3 years in pharmaceutical data analytics with MBA, or 3 – 5 years’ experience with BS/BA
- Biotech/pharmaceutical or high-tech industry experience highly preferred
- Previous experience in consulting, finance and/or commercial assessments for pharmaceutical/biotechnology area is a plus
- Experience in analytical roles and with secondary data sources
- Experience with pharmaceutical data sources (IQVIA, patient claims, longitudinal data, etc.) for orals and injectable products
- Understanding of forecasting techniques
- Outstanding Excel and PowerPoint skills; Tableau experience a plus
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to influence others in a tactful and well thought out manner with supporting information and logic and through building and defending arguments, as well as listening and understanding a variety of perspectives, to reach a consensus
- Ability to work constructively within a team environment and cross functionally
- Broad business understanding and ability to apply principles of logic and critical thinking to a wide range of complex business issues
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance several on-going projects simultaneously
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.