A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking a highly innovative and motivated External Innovation Manager to join our Research Segment Strategy team focusing on new and disruptive technologies.
Your Role: This position will focus on developing near- and long-term strategies defining MilliporeSigma's role as a key technology solutions provider. These strategies will enable MilliporeSigma to be an early adopter of potentially disruptive technologies used for life science research. Operating at the nexus of Marketing, R&D, Product Management, and Business Development, this is a highly visible role with excellent career advancement opportunities.
- Understands the life science market, research customer needs, company strategic direction & capabilities. Uses this understanding to drive innovation for sustainable long-term growth
- Works with key stakeholders to identify internal and external technologies with strategic fit to market trends and company capabilities, develops and presents business cases for identified technologies
- Leverages internal network to capitalize on industry dynamics & trends, prepare presentations to address customer needs, opportunities, and competitive threats
- Collaborates across functions to identify portfolio gaps and areas for innovation reflecting the defined strategy; liaises with commercial, product management, business development, and external innovators to address those gaps
- Leads cross-functional strategic initiatives to drive execution of new technology intake and gap filling
- Builds a network of internal and external contacts to help shape point of view; leads through influence
- Presents findings, analysis and recommendations to various internal audiences, including at the executive level
Who You Are:
- BS degree with 8+ years expertise, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PhD
- Degreein the life sciences or engineering preferred
- Advanced Degree desired
- Strong business & scientific background preferred
- Experience in evaluating new technologies and early adoption/applications
- Professional experience in a global environment
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Good team player and people skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong leadership, scientific, project management, and business development skills coupled with the ability to work with global and remote teams
- Self-starting strategic thinker with demonstrated track record of success in the development and end-to-end execution of marketing strategies
- Solid understanding of customer segmentation & market research
- Ability to manage multiple problems simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Intellectually curious; able to assimilate a broad base of information to quickly understand customer needs and match those to opportunities and corporate capabilities
- Travel – minimum of 30% in a global setting
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.