A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: We're looking to strengthen our IP team focusing on Pharma/Biotech work. You manage the IP strategy of pharmaceutical products (commercial products and development projects). This includes building up and defending patent portfolios and devising IP strategies for successful commercialization, ensuring freedom to operate of all aspects of a project. You are responsible for patent drafting, prosecution, and enforcement as well as opposition/invalidation proceedings and the preparation of legal opinions. You enjoy the regular contact and exchange with scientists. Your work will also encompass contributing to license agreements, participation in cross-functional project teams and the involvement in due diligence projects. Therefore, we are looking for an open-minded personality who can easily interact with colleagues from different backgrounds.
Who you are:
- European or US patent attorney qualification
- Background in life sciences, knowledge of antibody biology and biological manufacturing processes are a plus
- Experience in Pharma/Biotech industry or in a patent law firm specializing in this field
- Experience in prosecution and post-grant proceedings, FTO analyses
- Experience in IP contracts negotiation
- Understanding of regulatory framework for biologicals
- Excellent command of English language. Good command of French an asset
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!