A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As a Customer Care Supervisor, you are responsible for a team of Customer Care professionals, taking care of European regional customers. You motivate, support and lead your team with confidence and positivity. You live and demonstrate the Merck values in your daily job and will report directly to the Customer Care Manager. Responsible for directly supervising, coaching, appraising and motivating the Customer Care team in order to achieve goals & targets. Set the example as Senior Customer Care Representative by providing an outstanding service to internal and external customers. Built and maintain strong collaboration with all relevant business partners. Monitor performances of the team against agreed goals and policies to reduce complaint volume and cycle time. Responsible for recruiting, coaching, motivating and developing within your team following corporate HR guidance and in collaboration with your manager. Demonstrate the Merck values as your daily routine.
- Strong English language skills plus any other European language
- Fluent in German and/or Dutch is mandatory
- Good knowledge of Customer Care Principles and practices (minimum 2 years of experience), preferable within Merck
- Effective communication skills (presentation skills, active listening, coaching & feedback)
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Flexible – open to change and able to adjust accordingly
- Problem solving attitude and are comfortable in taking the initiative.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at