A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Supervise the manufacture and/or quality control of all products within assigned product line. Manage the production resources to produce quality products in the most cost efficient manner consistent with regulatory standards.
- Manages staff to insure production and quality of products within assigned product line.
- Develops and trains employees.
- Administers company policies and procedures.
- Work with planners to organize and schedule the work for all production technicians.
- Develops and implements methods to improve productivity.
- Insure efficient utilization of equipment and personnel.
- Provides technical assistance within assigned product line.
- Develops departmental budgets.
- 4 yr degree in technical science background
- 3-5 yrs supervisory experience
Who you are:
- BS degree in Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Five to eight years experience in production supervision.
Ability to develop, evaluate, and optimize procedures to improve product quality and cost.
Ability to effectively express ideas using verbal and written communications.
Thorough understanding of analytical products and methods.
Ability to lead the work of others.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.