A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- The successful candidate will evaluate, improve existing processes and configure semi-automated or automated systems to increase production rates, efficiencies, yields and improve safety/ergonomics and costs.
- Participate in conceptual planning and scoping of automation software and hardware changes for site projects and technology transfers.
- Assists the manufacturing operation in problem solving with regards to equipment and systems.
- Provides expertise in engineering, design and process and/or scale-up.
- Develops and recommends new processes and technologies to achieve cost effectiveness and improved product quality.
- Involved in new product & technology transfers to manufacturing, scale-up, process optimization and process validation activities.
- Interfaces with various departments to ensure processes and designs are compatible for new product introductions and to establish future process and equipment automation technology.
- Responsible to coordinate, plan, execute, and finalize technical projects according to strict deadlines and within budget
- Have a deep understanding of all different production technologies within the technology cluster.
Who you are:
- Bachelor degree in engineering (Chemical or Mechanical preferred) or equivalent advanced scientific degree with 10+ years of relevant biotech, industrial or bio-pharma manufacturing environment experience.
- Demonstrated experience with automation (filling, labeling, packaging, sealing, etc.), robotics and high throughput systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering software (AutoCAD, Solidworks, etc.).
- Experience with validation processes (equipment and manufacturing processes).
- Demonstrated project management experience in leading complex technical projects and proactively driving them to a successful conclusion.
- Knowledge of common interfacing standards for manufacturing computer systems and familiarity with biotechnology processes, instrumentation and equipment (Biomek, Tecan, plate carousels, etc.).
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, technical writing, creative problem solving and a team oriented attitude.
- Experience leading key technical projects in a matrixed organization preferred.
- Ability to successfully collaborate and act as a liaison between multiple managers and functional areas.
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma and statistical tools.
- Strong computer skills with MS office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel; Familiar with MS Project a plus.
- Some travel required.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.