A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
EMD Performance Materials, the North American high-tech materials brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, comprises a portfolio for applications in fields such as consumer electronics, lighting, coatings, printing technology, plastics, and cosmetics. Key products are: display materials, LED materials for lighting as well as OLED materials for lighting and displays, functional materials for solar panels and energy solutions, effect pigments as well as active ingredients and fillers for cosmetics, food and pharmaceutical products, effect pigments and functional materials for coatings, printing and plastics and high-purity specialty chemical materials for the electronics and semiconductor industry and is currently working on innovative materials for technologies that enable solar energy to be used efficiently and energy-saving LEDs and OLEDs to be developed.
- Assumes full ownership of a sub-cluster of the deposition materials product portfolio.
- Establishes and implements product line strategy throughout the whole organization to protect and grow the responsible product line.
- Manages and improves product margin through global pricing management of the product line.
- Coordinates internal and external activities including resourcing and structuring needed to achieve the business goal of the product line.
- Monitors global market trends including technology trends and competitive situation to be reflected in the product line strategy in a timely manner.
- Identifies and manages risks and opportunities for the long term growth of the product line and applies them to the product line strategy accordingly.
- Communicates with sales, customer service, technology, R&D, manufacturing, and all other support functions to ensure appropriate participation in all world-wide markets.
- Visit customers worldwide (up to 30% tavel) to understand product requirements and to promote existing and new products, in conjunction with sales teams.
- Establish alliance strategies for the product line, including joint development programs, collaboration/partnership with equipment makers and raw material suppliers, etc.
Who you are:
- Degree in science or engineering preferred
- 5+ years’ product management experience
- Experience in the Semiconductor industry, particularly with ALD/CVD
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and MS Project. SAP experience a plus
- Good command of English, Fluency in German and/or Japanese/Chinese/Korean are a plus
- International travel experience - Flexible and willing to travel up to 30% of the time, both domestically and internationally
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.