A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The focus of Operational Development Services is to provide relevant technical and regulatory support to both internal and external clients as well as providing regulatory compliance in testing procedures to examine biopharmaceutical products for the presence of adventitious agents, characterization and analytical testing programs, and stability testing.
Your Role: Reporting to the Principal Scientist, the Scientist will be a scientific resource for the Analytical Services laboratory within Biologics and will be responsible for: executing assay development and assay validation, troubleshooting analytical assays, and collaborating with internal and external clients to ensure that their needs are appropriately met in a timely manner.
Who You Are: A candidate for the Scientist position must have a PhD degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Bioanalytical Chemistry or related field with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience beyond postdoctoral training preferably within the CRO or Biotechnology sector; demonstrated excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills; and experience with analytical characterization of proteins, antibodies, antibody conjugates, and viral-based biopharmaceutical products including:
- Expertise working with mass spectrometry techniques for intact protein characterization, glycoprotein analysis, N-terminal sequence identification, peptide mapping, and disulfide mapping
- Expertise working with HPLC, Capillary Electrophoresis and other current glycoprotein and carbohydrate characterization techniques
- Experience with long-term, accelerated, and forced degradation stability studies of biological or protein pharmaceuticals
- Experience and knowledge performing scientific assays to meet current good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Experience and knowledge in designing and conducting technology transfer and validation for both assays and equipment
- Experience and knowledge in computer and software Part 11 compliance for programs associated with processing and storage of analytical testing information
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.