A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Conduct and lead testing of raw materials and products using a variety of equipment and USP compendial methodology and non-compendial methods, including microbial limits and endotoxin testing for quality compliance and release.
- Perform technical review of assays and assist in method development, process improvements and resolves complex technical issues through analytical thinking and troubleshooting using established or advanced technologies.
- Evaluation of environmental monitoring samples for water, surfaces and air.
Who you are:
- BA/BS in the Life or Physical Sciences
- 3-5 years of Microbiology experience preferably in a GMP environment is required. Experience in Biologics or drug product testing is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a wide range of microbiological techniques: bioburden or endotoxin required. Experience in Endotoxin testing highly desired (Kinetic or Gel Clot)
- Demonstrated experience with instrumentation used in microbiological analysis, such as UV-Vis Spectrophotometry, Endotoxin plate readers.
- Experience with performing qualification/verification/validation of QC assays and equipment. Experience with method verification per the harmonized USP <85> preferred.
- Strong time management, verbal and written communication
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.