A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role will lead all aspects of planning and execution of strategic programs for the Global PSS business. Initial focus will be on accelerating growth of PSS business with Viral & Gene Therapy, CAR-T and Cell Therapy clients (VGT clients). PSS supports VGT clients by providing mission critical testing in support of development and manufacturing of novel therapies. VGT clients represent one of the fastest and most exciting segments of the PSS business; the Associate Director will have a unique opportunity to orchestrate further growth by coordinating, driving and influencing efforts of multiple departments, including sales, marketing, R&D and operations. This is a high visibility role that will have significant exposure to senior PSS and LS leadership.
Key deliverables for the role will include:
- Development of annual business plans for assigned strategic programs
- Coordinated implementation of R&D, Marketing, Operations, and Sales components of the program, delivering a compelling offer
- Regional tactical plans to support commercial actions in EU, NA, AP
- Evaluation of target clients, including therapy and funding pipelines
- Updates on regional market trends, offer gaps and competition
- Project management of major assay development and offer launch projects in support of the assigned strategic program
- Justification and gaining executive approval for major investment projects
Who you are:
- Bachelor degree or higher in biotechnology or related discipline; post graduate business degree is a plus.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience managing complex business, commercial, or operations projects in Life Science or Pharmaceutical industry
- Candidates with commercial or project management experience is preferred; project management certificate (PMI or equivalent) is a plus.
- Experience with VGT market or clients is a plus
- Action oriented, self-motivated and organized, with a high level drive for results and perseverance while acting in a professional and positive manner at all times with minimal direction
- Clear communicator with strong ability to influence, lead, and manage a team of diverse stakeholders, including executives
- Excellent fundamental project management and process improvement skills: planning, organizing, attention to detail, managing competing priorities, analytical and systems thinking.
- Ability to travel ~ 30% (domestic and international)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.