A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The material manager is a cross-site position responsible for raw material management for the Cell Culture Media manufacturing sites within the API, Excipients, and Media Technology Cluster. The material manager works with each site to develop and maintain a harmonized raw material management system. This position will have cross-functional interaction with procurement, production planning, Media Supplier Management, Operations, and Finance, Marketing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage and Coordinate Raw Material and Supplier Risk Assessments and execute mitigation plans
- Lead with procurement, key supplier business reviews within the cell culture media supply chain
- Work with sites on establishment / maintenance for safety stock levels for raw materials
- Lead investigations for vendor complaints and non-conforming raw materials at the sites
- Creation and maintenance of supplier scorecards
- Partner with suppliers and the purchasing teams at the manufacturing sites on continuous improvement projects (cost, risk, purchasing plans, VMI programs)
- Mature and own the Cell Culture Media raw material program plan
- Management of global inventory run-outs and supply disruptions
- Lead OpEx projects related to MPV, inventory, and supply management
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, in business or technical field (Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or Statistics).
- APICS or ISM certification desired (CPIM, CPSM, CSCP)
- APEX or Six Sigma certification desired
- SAP and Microsoft Excel (intermediate) experience desired
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in purchasing/ planning / supply chain management using an MRP and/or ERP system.
- Proven leadership ability in process improvement techniques to reduce costs, improve service levels and manage capacity.
- Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical abilities with problem solving techniques, unconditional commitment to teamwork and communication.
- Strong public speaking skills
- 5 years’ experience creating and analyzing data using SAP and Microsoft Office Access, Excel, and Word.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.