A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As the Business Analyst, you will play a key role for providing business analysis & decision-making support to near and long term strategic objectives, compiling process definition and implementation, designing and implement KPIs and dashboards, and partnering to drive forecasting and pipeline management. In addition, you will work closely with the Applied Leadership Team to develop and maintain reporting dashboards and procedures. This position will report to the Chief of Staff for Applied Solutions and work closely with the Applied Leadership Team to understand business requirements and needs to support strategic initiatives across the Applied organization. Success in the role will require a self-starter with a passion for data analysis, a mix of business acumen and technical expertise, commitment to iterative improvement, and the ability to build and leverage strong relationships with internal stakeholders to accelerate business growth through actionable insights.
- Build new metrics that enable the organization to measure their performance at the best possible level
- Work with leadership to provide insightful reporting on key metrics and KPI’s (inventory management, innovation/R&D investments, productivity, and strategy execution and performance)
- Produce and manage quantitative analysis of our performance across various dimensions
- Maintain data integrity to ensure accurate insights, positively impacting leadership’s ability to adjust strategy and tactics
- Interact directly with commercial and business leaders to create a feedback loop for continuous improvement
- Recommend and drive process improvements
- Ad-hoc analysis as required to aid management decision making
Who you are:
- 3-5 years’ experience in data analysis role
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred
- Expertise in data analysis: ability to effectively use data and analysis to tell a story
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in high-growth, performance- and deadline-driven environment
- Results-oriented, attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple objectives and projects
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize independently
- Strong data management, Excel, and analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving, data management and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and be flexible and adaptable to change management within processes and/or applications
- Strong interpersonal communication, customer service, and teamwork skills; professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships
- Understand upstream and downstream linkages of processes
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.