A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The role of the Senior SAP ABAP Developer is to analyze business functional requirements and develop solutions and programs in SAP. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Facilitate and lead the development and delivery of RICEFW objects in multiple areas of SAP such as FI, MM, SD, WM, PP, etc.
- Translate high level functional requirements into technical requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible for developers and other team members.
- Facilitate and participate in User Demos of Development Units.
- Design and develop complex solutions and objects in multiple areas of SAP.
- Gather requirements for new development objects from Users and convert them into Technical Designs.
- Assist by providing time estimates of the assigned project tasks and report any estimate changes.
- Design and deliver Technical Units using Agile Development model and/or Waterfall project methodology.
- Provide ABAP support and enhance multiple modules within SAP, including custom and delivered programs.
- Support troubleshooting inbound and outbound interfaces.
- Provide technical assistance to the process teams in debugging functional issues as needed.
- Work with vendors and internal parties to troubleshoot and fix data interfaces.
- Unit test and debug new program changes for all types of development objects.
- Tune the solutions and objects for performance in multiple areas of SAP.
- Support and facilitate integration testing of various RICEFW objects.
- Facilitate the transport of various objects and solutions across the SAP landscape.
- Participate in cutover activities during the Go-Live phase.
- Participate and facilitate the post Go-Live support activities.
- Work closely with SAP functional teams to analyze and test the effect of system changes as needed.
- Provide day-to-day, occasional after hours and on-call application support as needed.
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information; adhere to company security policies.
- Establish time requirements for assignment completion and perform assignment with accurate results in the estimated time frame.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize, control, and direct work assignments for self and team members.
- Maintain technical expertise, keeping current with evolving processes, systems, and technologies and sharing that knowledge with colleagues and IT management.
Who you are:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred or 10+ years of experience in SAP ABAP Development.
- 3+ years SAP ECC60, new developments of workflow, Adobe, IDOC development.
- Agile environment.
- Expert in IDOC/EDI, Workflow, WebDynpro, Adobe Forms and OOPs.
- Good experience in Netweaver.
- 3+ years EWM/TM and/or BOPF experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in GTS, APO, CRM, MDG, PLM, FICO and HANA (several areas needed, not all).
- SAPUI5 & FIORI a plus
- CDS View experience a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.