A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The eBusiness Digital Marketing Operations team is responsible for processes, systems, training and communications related to developing, deploying, maintaining and tracking global website content and marketing automation in support of our overall Life Science marketing strategy.
Your Role: As a Marketing Automation Specialist, you will be part of a dynamic team that plans and implements marketing automation campaigns and processes at MilliporeSigma. This position will work closely with the demand generation, campaign management and field marketing functions to understand their business needs and translate those into campaign deliverables. You will design and optimize campaigns and processes and serve as a best practice consultant to internal clients. You will develop, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of our marketing automation programs and will steward marketing requests globally.
- Serve as marketing automation expert on the Email and Marketing Automation team.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify business needs and develop solutions.
- Utilize multiple data sources (1st party, 3rd party, web, email, mobile) to develop new ideas for customer segmentation
- Aid in development of campaign planning and execution including: development of performance forecasts, defining key success metrics, setting a reporting schedule, and creating report templates.
- Translate data into actionable insights - make recommendations to team members to increase customer retention, reactivating dormant users and to drive revenue
- Build testing frameworks for continuous optimization of KPIs; ensure adaptive learning from campaign-to-campaign
- Make recommendations to optimize customer contact strategy across email channel
- Help segment and product managers develop and execute long-term automations to generate revenue over time periods of greater than 6 months
- Develop marketing programs independent of segment and product managers to generate revenue, improve data, and build long-term engagement with customers
Who You Are:
- BA/BS Degree (science, engineering, or marketing preferred).
- Minimum 1-3 years professional experience in email marketing automation role. Experience in life sciences or biotech environment a plus.
- Hands-on experience setting up complex automation workflows and behaviorally segmented campaigns in marketing automation systems such as Eloqua, SalesForce Marketing Cloud and Marketo.
- Understanding and experience with enterprise level email and marketing automation platform (i.e. Eloqua/SFMC) and CRM integration (i.e. SFDC).
- Fundamental knowledge of web analytics (preferably Google Analytics).
- Results oriented with the ability to bring innovative ideas to the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work accordingly.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a desire to learn new tools and technologies.
- Must have excellent written, oral, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and comfort working unusual problems and finding creative/out-of-the-box solutions.
- Basic HTML skills desirable, but not required.
- Proficient in standard office software applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.