A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join Merck as an MSAT Upstream Processing Senior Technician / Specialist (m/f). Within the MSAT group (Manufacturing Science And Technology) of our Aubonne site, you will actively support the lifecycle of the manufacturing process for our marketed biologics. This will entail process validation, process optimisation and process troubleshooting to ensure uninterrupted supply with product of the highest quality. In that perspective, you will be in charge of designing, preparing and executing mammalian cell culture experiments in flasks and in small scale bioreactors (3 to 40 liters). In addition, you will maintain laboratory documentation up to date, perform advanced data analysis and write protocols and reports. You will foster a strong collaboration with the manufacturing team to appreciate their constraints and propose process improvement opportunities.
You enjoy working in the laboratory where you will spend most of your time, you will proactively participate in the organising the laboratory in the most safe, pleasant and efficient way. You will contribute to maintaining your stocks of consumables and raw materials, and will coordinate the maintenance of the equipment.
At regular intervals, you will take part of the « piquet » service (intervention on site in case of critical alarms, week end work upon request).
Who you are:
- Master’s degree, HES or equivalent in biotechnology with 2 to 6 years of experience in the field of recombinant protein production in mammalian or microbial cells, ideally under laminar flow cabinet and with stainless steel bioreactors
- Ease and appetite to work in laboratory environment
- Deep knowledge (theoretical and practical) of upstream processing for biologics manufacturing, ideally in process development and GMP settings. Proficiency with cell culture techniques (Aseptic manipulation under laminar flow cabinet, Bioreactors (preparation, sterilization, operation, CIP/SIP), Medium preparation
- Off line analysis including cell counting, metabolite and gas analysis
- Knowledge and hands on use of statistical analysis (ANOVA, DOE, MVA) would be a plus
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!