A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The role of the Senior Account Manager for Global Strategic Accounts is to continually and consistently increase MilliporeSigma’s market share and revenue by identifying new business opportunities and driving collaboration with customers to solve their unique challenges
As a member of the Global Strategic Account team, reporting into the Associate Director of Strategic Accounts, you will sell a broad portfolio of products and services for Biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing, which includes Cell Culture Media and Chemicals. You will also leverage your sales partners in Filtration, Chromatography, Single Use Solutions and Development Services to collaborate and offer an end to end portfolio in two large Global Strategic customers based in the Massachusetts, New York, and New Jersey area. Customer travel is required within Massachusetts, New York, and potentially to other sites in the US, Europe and Asia. You will create value for both the customer and MilliporeSigma and you will strategically manage projects and resources to ensure long term profitable growth. You will increase MilliporeSigma’s market share, emphasize differentiation from MilliporeSigma’s competitors, and build upon MilliporeSigma’s reputation for excellence within your territory.
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience in the Life Sciences environment.
- Sales experience is preferred and equivalent strong industry background is a plus.
- Candidates must demonstrate a natural affinity to influence and/or sell to all levels of an organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a Life Science)
- Fluent English required
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical and biotech drug production processes/unit operations
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships; builds credibility and trust
- Self-motivated, assertive, takes initiative and works independently
- Able to work remotely and at the guidance of a manager that may be located in a different geography
- Plans time and priorities in an effective manner to achieve goals for sustainable results
- Innate curiosity with an understanding of how curiosity benefits all
- A committed learner, dedicated to continuously increasing knowledge and skills
- Decisive: knows how to build a solid case and can drive a decision when appropriate
- Demonstrates ability to persuade, through logic and bottom-line reasoning
- Possesses exceptionally strong conceptual skills – can see the big picture and can translate it compellingly in writing and speech
- Talented at listening to the expressed needs and wants of others
- Uses skillful questioning to draw out information for diagnosing a situation
- Evaluates results and makes adjustments to achieve better business outcomes; learns from mistakes
- Perceives the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on clients and suppliers
- Able to work closely with functional support organizations to effectively achieve goals.
- Understands the basics of pricing and can articulate the value or reasons behind pricing
- Utilizes effective negotiation skills; generates results with positive outcomes for both parties
- Generates accurate business forecasts
- Possesses the ability to assesses a situation, the people and temperament, and uses that information to guide thinking and behavior
- Anticipates areas of conflict, manages disagreement, and works toward resolution
- Shapes opinions of key stakeholders
- Respects the needs and contributions of others
- Flexible and willing to travel within Massachusetts, New Hampshire (with occasional overnight stays) to optimize customer engagement; occasional international travel to other sites in the US, Europe and Asia required for collaboration or internal meetings.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.