A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Join us within this exciting and newly created role. As part of the Corporate Affairs team located in Darmstadt, you will be based in Brussels and will work in close collaboration with our existing European Governmental Affairs team for Healthcare. Within this role you report to the Head of Corporate and Government Relations Europe. You will support and advocate for all our 3 businesses: Healthcare, Life Science and Performance Material at European level. Through your European network, you will provide intelligence on policy, society and technology to help tailor business strategies and generate new opportunities. In this role, you represent the company in Brussels towards external stakeholders and manage executive positioning projects. As VP Corporate & Government Relations Europe, Head of Brussels' Office you will focus on a wide range of internal and external communications, supporting planning and preparing strategic corporate activities at European level. Your landscape of stakeholders includes political, science and academic networks and the European Institutions and partners. In this key function you connect our business leaders to key European stakeholders and decision makers. You will monitor and evaluate policy and developments of EU legislative processes. You will be responsible for position papers and policies, as well as to prepare campaigns, presentations, and analyses for internal and external communications. In addition to the preparation of political and public events, you develop communication channels and contribute to improve platforms and processes. Within this role you will also work in close collaboration with the team located in Darmstadt to be aligned within our network in European countries. When entering this new function, one of your first project will to be to coordinate the move of our Offices in Brussels. With an exciting pipeline, successful products and recent awards within each of our businesses, this role presents great possibilities.
Who you are:
- You have a degree in humanity studies, ideally policy or law
- You have sound leadership experience
- You have experience in the economic/political environment at European level (policy advisory agency, European Institutions, European business associations)
- You have experience in foreign countries and sovereign cooperation with international colleagues of all hierarchical levels
- You have in-depth knowledge of the legal and regulatory EU framework, as well as experience in dealing with complex economic and socio-political contexts at European level
- You are fluent in English and ideally speak additional languages
- You possess excellent communication and influencing skills
- You possess a very high level of integrity, positive appearance and assertive strengths
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!