A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Within End-to-End Processing Solutions team, the Single Use / Multi Use Sales Development team drive worldwide adoption and implementation of products, systems and services from our Single Use and Hardware systems portfolio. Highly-motivated and talented, you will deliver this promise focusing on Middle-East and Africa as well as Large Investment Projects throughout EMEA region.
You identify and convert new business opportunities that include Multi Use and Single Use Hardware Systems within your region. You own the overall selling process and cycle, in close relationship with all business partners. You provide technical expertise and business acumen for complex investment projects from our customers.
You act as a team leader for custom design equipment and capital projects. You deal with decision makers, evaluating budget and monitoring the status of the decision-making process.
You position our portfolio, establish and present commercial and technical quotations to customers, at all decision layers. You convert deals by driving and converting negotiations on price and contractual terms.
You are a Solution enabler, overpassing your strict portfolio responsibility and broadening Merck offering to wider expectations from our customers.
Who you are :
• Graduate Degree or Ph. D. in chemical & process Engineering or Biotechnology
• Proven experience (8+ years) in engineering and/or selling to the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology Industry, and single-use manufacturing is highly desirable.
• Extensive knowledge of Biotech downstream processing
• Good presentation, excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Flexibility to adapt to different cultural environments and customers, notably in Middle East and Africa
• Effective in working across boundaries and functions with the ability to work effectively internationally
• Ownership, demonstrated ability to work on his own initiative under limited supervision
• Fluent in English. French or other languages a plus
• Excellent organization and project management skills
• Available for domestic and international travel for at least 30-40% of the time.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!