A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The BioProcessing R&D Validation and Applications team’s mission is to ensure our new filtration and single use products meet customer performance expectations while demonstrating robustness of the manufacturing processes.
The R&D Validation Manager provides leadership, technical, tactical and strategic guidance to the BioProcessing R&D Validation and Applications team. This role is responsible for all aspects of new product validation activities from management of validation engineers, test technicians and laboratory operations to technical consultation on validation topics with our product development teams.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will actively promote the involvement of the validation team in early development activities through product launch, working closely with Project Managers, Product Managers, Technical Leads, Quality Engineers and other members of the product development teams. Adept at effective allocation and management of resources to ensure validation activities are completed on time and at a high level of quality, knowing when and how to appropriately exercise the flexibility built into our product development processes. Motivated to actively manage employee performance, promote a climate of positive and transparent team relationships and identify and invest in training and development. A valuable team member, capable of identifying and leading data-driven problem solving and continuous improvement projects impacting the Validation and Applications team, and product development teams.
- Mechanical/Chemical/Plastics Engineering BS plus at least 10 years of experience or MS plus 5 years of experience
- Minimum of 3 years engineering supervisory experience required, formal management or leadership training a plus. Laboratory personnel and budget management experience a plus.
- R&D or Quality experience in new product development activities, test method and manufacturing process validation with a comprehensive understanding of Quality Management Systems, Quality Engineering principles and application of statistical tools. ASQ certification a plus.
- Technical experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, preferably in single use assemblies and systems and filtration products.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office applications and Minitab or equivalent statistical analysis software application.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for validation
- Travel < 10% annually
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.