A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your responsibilities include providing both pre- and post-sales expert technical scientific and engineering support for the development and implementation of customer applications across a vast range of separation and purification product lines within the Biopharmaceutical / Bioscience Industry. You focus on projects reliant upon downstream purification technologies and applications in the biopharmaceutical industry for monoclonal Antibodies, recombinant proteins, plasma proteins and a more in-depth focus on vaccines. You develop methodologies for transferring procedures or biological processes from laboratories to commercial-scale manufacturing production. You also assess options for plant expansion or reconfiguration by developing and testing process simulation models, optimise production by analysing processes and compiling de-bottleneck studies. You review existing biomanufacturing processes to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. You prepare technical reports, data summary documents or research articles for scientific publication, regulatory submissions or patent applications. Furthermore, you review existing manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for yield improvement or reduced process variation and apply new technologies where appropriate.
Who you are
- Graduate degree in Chemical/Biochemical engineering or Biotechnology.
- Hands-on experience with downstream process technologies within the Bioscience/Biopharmaceutical environment incl. techniques in normal flow filtration, tangential flow filtration, chromatographic separation and multi- + single-use processes/systems.
- 5+ years proven practical laboratory and/or pilot plant experience.
- Excellent written + verbal communication and presentation skills.
- High level of initiative and ability to complete short- + longer-term projects.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!