A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Being a Country Medical Director you are responsible of leading the local Medical Team, communicate trends and innovations, ensure local Medical launch preparedness, conduct training and coaching of local Medical team, oversee planning, execution and tracking of Medical activities and steer performance, ensure optimal deployment of resources, conduct performance & merit management, assure Medical employees are properly supervised, qualified, and trained. Represent Medical in the Country Leadership Team; represent the country in the Regional Medical Leadership Team (mid-Europe), own and drive Medical programs and ensure policies and guidelines are followed. Ensure operational excellence by setting and enforcing functional standards and support best practice sharing. Actively engage in stakeholder interactions (esp. Local Medical /Scientific Societies and relevant Pharma Associations).
Who you are:
- You have a Medicine University Degree.
- You have a training in regional / local and international regulations including Good Clinical Practice.
- You have experience as Country Medical Director or Medical Head of a Specialty Therapeutic Area in a large pharma company. You are well connected externally (local Experts and Pharmaceutical Association).
- You have more than 5 years’ experience leading Medical Affairs Team as well as management experience (human resources and budget) as well as specialty product launch experience.
- You are fluent in Portuguese (native tongue level) and in English (full professional level).
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!