A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Master thesis project - 3D bioprinting (6-7 months)
A molecular and cellular biology lab is looking for a motivated, skilled and driven Master student (m/f). The lab is currently setting up a new sub-unit to print 3D tissues for multiple R&D labs.
The selected candidate will be part of a young, dynamic and highly motivated group and work in a modern and well-equipped lab.
- set-up a new 3D bioprinter
- optimize printer settings for different biomaterials
- plan and design project-specific 3D architectures and translate them onto the 3D bioprinter
- print 3D cellular tissues
- validate 3D tissues in collaboration with R&D labs
Who you are:
- Currently part of a Master program in the field of Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Biology or similar
- Experience in cell culture/sterile technique
- Theoretical and/or practical knowledge in 3D bioprinting technologies
- Previous knowledge in Molecular biology
- Theoretical and/or practical knowledge in biomaterial synthesis
- Work well independently and in a team
- Able to work without close supervision
- Creative and curious personality
- German and English skills
Desired start date: September 2018
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!