A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As part of the Global Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) organization, the Applications Engineering Group is a globally-networked team of engineers and scientists that evaluates product, unit operation, and integrated process train performance across all aspects of upstream production and downstream purification of therapeutic biomolecules to ensure effective implementation at all scales. Through rigorous experimental and theoretical analyses, we provide expert technical recommendations, best practices, and holistic solutions to enable efficient and successful bioprocessing by our customers.
The successful candidate will drive the development of innovative application data in support of our products, particularly focused on harvest, capture, and downstream purification of proteins and other biotherapeutics. This position will require significant hands-on work at lab-bench and pilot-scale. The candidate will be expected to communicate findings to internal partners and to customers at industry conferences and through publications. You will work in technical collaboration with other functions within the company including Manufacturing Sciences, R&D, Product Management, Sales, and Marketing.
Who You Are:
- Degree in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering with relevant experience in biopharma; BS > 6 years’ experience, MS >4 yrs., PhD > 2 yrs.
- Sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals- especially fluid dynamics, hands-on sensibility to engineering design and system operation, and a detail-oriented approach.
- Practical knowledge of processes used in industrial production and purification of proteins, vaccines, plasma, and bio-pharmaceuticals, including cell culture, chromatography and filtration methods, process development, scale up, single-use processing, and analytical techniques. In-depth expertise in downstream unit operations.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical/biotechnology regulatory and quality guidelines including GLP and GMP.
- Experience in statistical design of experiments (DoE) coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to solve problems creatively and contribute to innovation in product development and process methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills; confidence and ability to professionally present to internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Up to approximately 10-20% travel (domestic and/or international).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.