A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: MilliporeSigma is seeking an Associate Director of Segment Development in United States for the BioProcessing business franchise to serve as the regional expert on the Vaccine and Gene therapy segment. This individual will work within a team as a regional expert leading high level customer networking, capturing segment voice of market, driving customer collaborations, and developing a thought leadership presence at industry conferences.
- Act as the industry expert with broad knowledge across the Process Solutions business field by publishing articles, speaking at conferences and participating in trade/professional organizations to drive thought leadership.
- Develop and execute a tactical plan in partnership with sales; Develop senior level customer connections to open doors and help drive sales opportunities
- Generate segment voice of market/customer to support development of innovative products and services by MilliporeSigma.
- Develop customer events/seminars (define event theme, objectives, identify event core team and delegate tasks)
- Validate the development of sales opportunities analysis to drive step share gains.
- Develop and execute a strategically aligned tactical plans in partnership with sales
- Develop senior level customer connections to drive sales opportunities
- Educate the sales functions about customer needs, MilliporeSigma capabilities and winning strategies.
- Contribute to the development of a common PS segment strategy with partner functions.
- Drive wins and reporting for adoption rates, seeding targets/rates and other critical KPIs.
Who You Are
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience or MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD
- Advanced degree in a technical or scientific field preferred (life sciences strongly preferred)
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical/healthcare industry with demonstration of successful results
- Experience in areas related to vaccines or gene therapy strongly preferred
- Ability to seek out and identify opportunities to provide solutions to customer’s current or future needs; Display entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm to explore new ideas and the unknown and visualize what is possible
- Ability to identify and analyze what is important and to interpret and synthesize issues and data to draw conclusions; ability to understand interdependencies and cause and effect relationships
- Ability to engage with customers in the pursuit of building and sustaining long term relationships and having sufficient market and applications knowledge to add value in the engagement with customers
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to take ownership for ensuring the desired outcome of a project and to establish and monitor the project milestones toward the objective
- Ability to work in close alignment with people from other functions and to influence and engage with others to address issues, resolve conflicts and ensure the best overall outcome, ability to communicate across boundaries, build cross-functional collaboration and influence without direct authority
- Self-motivated and maintains a positive outlook
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%)
- Location: United States (Boston area preferable)
- Language requirements: Fluent in English (written and verbal)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.