A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are currently hiring Cheminformatics Scientists to strengthen our digital business unit, which drives the digital transformation for Merck globally and across business divisions – establishing modern cheminformatics methodologies and infrastructure in chemical and material research to improve experimental efficiency and enhance innovation. The candidate is expected to self-dependently execute tasks in our projects, including the development of QSAR/QSPR models in chemical processes and material development, design of chemical databases and communication with our internal customers to help them understand and implement the technologies.
Merck offers young professionals or graduates the opportunity to boost their career, working in an interdisciplinary high-performance team that is focused on innovation in the intersection of business, chemistry and digital technology. This offer includes:
• Opportunity to expand your skills in a scientific, technical and business dimension at the same time
• Intellectual challenge to solve some of the most complex problems in the industry and innovate on entirely new digital business models
• Stimulating work environment in a very diverse, high caliber team
Who you are:
• Ph.D. in Cheminformatics, Computer Science or a similar field
• Strong in chemical databases and handling of chemical structure information
• Strong in modern machine learning QSAR/QSPR methods
• Strong programming and scripting skills (Pyhton, KNIME, R etc.)
• Familiar with chemical graph theory, chemical topology and fingerprint descriptors
• Basics in chemical synthesis and physics
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!