A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Subject Matter Expert - Linux (HPC - High Performance Computing)
Roles & Responsibilities:
As an Infrastructure Subject Matter Expert, you will be responsible for the design, build and implementation of infrastructure solutions for HPC (High Performance Computing) in Linux Domain.
You will fix/troubleshoot and propose improvements to project deliverables and assist the project manager in the definition of project scope, objectives ensuring technical feasibility.
You will perform functional analysis of solutions as part of developing the initial project requirements. Moreover, you will be responsible for the completion of manuals for the handover of the Infrastructure to the Operation team and you will proactively identify SME areas of operational weakness and propose service improvement plans.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Total experience of close to 15 years of experience with High Performance Computing environments on Linux systems
- Plan, design and build solutions in the linux domain and serve as highest level of technical escalation point within the region.
- SME skills on either REDHAT and SLES with performance analysis and tuning capabilities
- Ability to design High Availability solutions and familiarity with different virtualization engines
- Experience in Linux patch management (SuSe Manager preferred)
- Experience in common script language
- Cluster management software and Job schedulers
- High experience in Infiniband design and management
- High experience in Cluster filesystems (GPFS)
- High experience in GPU computing design and management
- High experience in HSM and iRODS
- Ability to work in complex and international remote teams and handle multiple tasks & projects simultaneously
- ITIL certification and Incident/change/problem management experience
* Ability to work in complex and international remote teams and handle multiple tasks & projects simultaneously
* Excellent Infrastructure technical communication and reporting skills
* Knowledge of GxP quality systems and Infrastructure
* Project Management skill & certification, ITIL certification, DevOps & Lean skill
Willingness to work in shifts
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at