A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: You will be responsible for conceptualizing and executing primary (qualitative and quantitative) and secondary market research projects and analyses to help drive data-based decision making for the Research Business Unit of Millipore Sigma, the Life Science sector of Merck KGaA of Darmstadt, Germany. In this role, you will support the Research Business Franchises (BFs), segment marketing and key Geographical Commercial regions. Further specialization of activities, depending on the role assignment, can include customer journey mapping and applications to branding & communications.
As an integral member of the Strategy, Analytics & Insights (SA&I) team, you will collaborate with business stakeholders within your focus areas, and across the organization, to help support/drive customer insight development activities and strategic projects/initiatives. You will also work closely with other members of the of SA&I team focused on Research-level projects.
Location: Burlington, MA with flexibility to be based out of other locations in the United States
- Planning and management of “Voice of the Customer (VoC)” market research projects, including conducting interviews (as interviewer/moderator) on a specific project basis
- Design and deployment of surveys using in-house tools as needed and management of external research agencies with minimal supervision
- Internal stakeholder management (including initiating and executing projects with updates to stakeholders on project status, milestones and results)
- Analysis of primary market research results to generate key insights (from interviews, workshops, group discussions, and surveys and other methods) and secondary market research reports (charting, management summary, etc.)
- Comprehensive reporting of results to senior management teams considering key objectives and specific management requirements (to be done in writing and verbal presentations)
Who You Are:
- Bachelors or Masters in life science or quantitative field
- Fluent in English
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in market research is required, with demonstrated experience in modern market research techniques and methods, including design and analysis of primary market research and secondary data analysis, required
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems/data gathered from a variety of sources and use the data to develop key recommendations.
- Intellectually curious with a growth mindset
- Excellent Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Experience supporting multi-stakeholder projects and teaming within a matrix organization
- Strong problem-solving, written & verbal communication skills to manage internal (marketing, R&D, commercial) and external (agencies) stakeholders
- Highly collaborative, flexible and team-oriented
- Advanced degree (MBA, PhD) an asset
- Experience with other market research platforms(e.g. Qualtrics) a plus
Travel Requirement: Domestic and International travel (10% of time) to conferences, sales meetings and customer sites
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.