A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Medical Manager, Oncology
Our company is currently recruiting for a Medical Manager to work within our UK Oncology team. This is a great opportunity to work with recently launched and established products with the potential for further imminent launches in the near future. This role will be the main point person for Medical Affairs activities relating to Oncology within the UK affiliate office. There will be scope for Medical Manager to take the lead on upcoming launches and projects including alliance management. Being the right hand person for the Head of Medical for Oncology the new Medical Manager will need to be comfortable with taking on responsibility for Zinc activities and partnering with the local commercial team to ensure project success and to maintain a collaborative environment.
Our companies Oncology portfolio and pipeline is at a very exciting stage, this role would be a great opportunity for an experienced Medical Advisor/Medical Manager to be a part of a growing team at the forefront of some amazing achievements.
The Medical Manager role provides medical leadership for specific projects within the Oncology Therapeutic Area (TA). The Medical Manager is the lead and subject matter expert for assigned areas in oncology.
The Medical Manager’s role responsibilities include,
- Providing fair and balanced medical information and education to health care professionals that support the safe and effective use of the company’s medicines in appropriate patients
- Act as a trusted partner for cross-functional teams for the review and approval of activities and materials in line with compliance regulations
- Build trust through open and transparent collaboration with health care professionals, patient associations and potentially payers
- Develop collaborative networks inside and outside of the company to access best ideas, expertise and capabilities
- Develop and strengthen country medical affairs’ credibility within and outside of the organisation
- Demonstrate consistent ethical and professional behaviour, with uncompromising commitment to patients
- Know the local health care system and keep up-dated on changes in environment in the country, including rules and regulations
- Build reputation and visibility of the company at the country level by providing support in the assigned TAs to the country team
- Build and maintain strong strategic partnerships with key external stakeholders e.g. Key Thought Leaders and Healthcare Professionals involved or interested in participating in clinical research activities
- Represent the Company at external meetings
- Pro-actively collaborate in cross-functional teams at country level
- Contribute to the local Brand Team, representing the TA (scientific and medical expertise) and ensuring all activities address patient well-being and respect data integrity
- Create, or co-create, and fully execute specific aspects of the Country Medical plan(s) agreed with the Head of Medical Oncology
- UK registered pharmacist or GMC registered physician
- ABPI final medical signatory status is preferred but not essential as long as a candidate can become a final signatory in the future.
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry (Experience in Medical Affairs)
- Profound experience in designing, planning and executing medical education and communication tactics
- Business acumen and commercially astute
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with external experts within Oncology
- Skilled in working in cross-functional matrix teams
- Strong team player with the ability to motivate and influence others in a compelling way and succeed in a highly integrated group environment
- Strong accountability and ownership for both individual and organizational performance
- Track record in effective management of risk and compliance
- Experience within Oncology is only a preferred requirement for this role, if an individual meets the above criteria but is lacking Oncology experience we are happy to offer training and development within the role to bridge any gaps in Oncology knowledge.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at