A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As the Director of the Americas Upstream Sales Development team, you will be tasked with managing a group of highly talented field-based technical specialists (direct reports include a manager and also Sales Development Specialists).
The Sales Development Specialist role is briefly defined below:
The Sales Development Specialists partner with field based account managers to develop technical and commercial strategies to position integrated company solutions to existing and new customers. Sales Development Specialists for upstream and chemicals (cell culture media and other chemicals that go into the process) support the sales of these technologies through a consultative selling approach. They will leverage their technical and industry expertise to work with BioPharma customers to assess upstream solutions from MilliporeSigma’s extensive product portfolio within a region and/or territory.
The Sales Development Specialists contribute to the sales cycle by coordinating requirements, developing contracts, integrating contract requirements and business operations. They are also expected to utilize their technical expertise to provide the sales force with the necessary tools, information and support to identify new opportunities. This role should be able to evaluate a customer’s process to identify solutions that address customer upstream and chemical challenges. All Sales Development Specialists are expected to utilize the available tools and resources to track and report sales activity and share account and process knowledge.
The team is also responsible for assistance with Upstream training programs for the Sales team as well as providing voice-of-customer feedback to the internal organization (primarily Marketing).
Who You Are:
- Proven leader who is able to bring teams together, especially in remote management situations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, hire, and retain top quality candidates.
- Able to coordinate resources, network, and provide voice-of-customer feedback within a leading-edge and highly matrixed environment.
- Is action oriented with a high level drive for results, acting in professional and positive manner at all times.
- Bachelor degree or higher in a relevant natural science (Chemistry, Biology, etc). Preference will be given to candidates with post graduate business degree.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus.
- Minimum of three (3) years of managerial experience AND minimum of five (5) years in a major sales / technical support role within a Life Sciences Company OR a proven business/sales development track record OR 3-8 years of directly related experience (Chemist, Engineer, Biologist).
- Experience in upstream and chemicals technology (either on the Pharma side or on the supplier side)
- Able to travel greater than 50%, mostly within North America
- Location is flexible within the US.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.