A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Silica business within the Semiconductor Solutions Business Unit manufactures high performance, differentiated colloidal silica slurries for the Chemical Mechanical Polishing (CMP) segment of the semiconductor materials market. We access the market through a strategic partnership with Dow Electronic Materials, collaborating on market strategies, sales processes, continuous improvement programs, and R&D projects.
Your role: The Global Key Account Manager is the commercial owner for EMD’s global relationship with Dow Electronic Materials. The role requires the expected tactical and strategic sales responsibilities for a global strategic account, with an emphasis on relationship development at all levels within Dow, understanding Dow’s decision making processes and owners, prioritizing tactical and strategic projects to strengthen our market position, and identifying potential competitive threats to our business. Also key to the role is identifying and leading key cross-company and internal strategic initiatives to continuously improve EMD’s global business processes and product portfolio, leading to market share growth.
Who you are:
- Seasoned professional with a technical background and extensive sales and/or marketing experience.
- Strong computer skills to execute required tactical elements of the role such as forecasting, corrective action management, and sales analyses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to clearly communicate to all levels within the organization, and uses their organizational skills to manage time-sensitive action items to completion.
- Strong project management skills are required to lead key cross-company and internal tactical and strategic projects.
- The preferred candidate knows how to work effectively with US, European, and Asian colleagues to deliver results while maintaining the necessary cultural sensitivity.
- BS, ideally in a technical degree, MBA desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, 6+ years prior experience in a strategic account management or similar role, early career experience in engineering, R&D, or technical marketing positions.
- 30-40% travel, with some international travel to Europe and Asia.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.