A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Supervise activities of planning and scheduling group to achieve targeted service levels while controlling inventory costs. Meet established objectives. Support employees in Planning and Scheduling while acting as a technical resource, business leader, and mentor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain and monitor the Planning and Scheduling systems (SAP and related planning databases) to ensure designs are optimized to achieve corporate business objectives.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing and other production/purchasing planners to ensure that Customer Forecasts and Demand Information are correctly interpreted into SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO) and SAP MRP.
- Plan and schedule MRPc as required.
- Lead teams using process improvement methodology and APICS best practices to drive business results.
- Use capacity models for long term business planning.
- Maintain and monitor work performance of employees.
- Supervise the flow of materials from bulk to finished goods (Production, QC, Packaging, Supply Chain)
- Identify trends and propose solutions to new or ongoing Supply Chain issues
- Ability to understand corporate objectives and leverage points to achieving those objectives.
- Identify behavior (systemic or human) that causes discrepancies and offers solutions or provides necessary training
- Coordinate cross functional activities to achieve targeted service levels.
- Ensure demand planning systems are functioning as expected
- Supervise and develop direct reports by maintaining and monitoring work performance.
- Respond effectively to employee concerns and/or performance issues.
- Maintain open lines of communication across the organization. Be a role model.
- Participate in new hire interviews and effectively evaluate potential candidates to facilitate hiring of strong candidates.
- Ensure proper scheduling techniques are used to drive operational throughput improvements
- Implement, maintain, and analyze departmental measures
- Serve as a technical resource
- Identify and resolve all inquiries and problems (or delegate accordingly)
- Support all related functions (QC, Packaging, and Operations with throughput, efficiency and quality issues).
- Apply expertise to current/future projects (SAP)
- Answer all inquiries in an efficient and professional manner
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field or equivalent experience required.
- CPIM and/or CSCP certification preferred.
- 2+ years Inventory Management, Forecasting or Planning/Scheduling experience.
- 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Leadership, communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Teamwork and training skills.
- PC literate with word processing, database, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access abilities.
- Strong mathematical background, knowledge of the metric system and conversion of those units of measure.
- SAP or local planning system functionality.
- Supply chain management, MRP, capacity planning, forecasting, planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.