A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Confirms customer orders before they are packed to ensure that the correct chemicals are shipped and packs them to ensure conformity to all applicable shipping regulations. This position prepares bills of lading and other required forms and prepares reports of shipments. This position may also select orders, perform cycle counts, and receives direct orders from vendors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receives material from outside vendors (Receiving).
- Packs hazardous items for shipment to customer (Packing)
- Packs the material, following established procedures and instructions while complying with hazard regulations (Packing/Shipping)
- Prepare materials for shipment, verifies that all the appropriate markings and labels are present all packages to comply with company procedures and DOT, IATA, and IMO regulations, making corrections when necessary (Packing/Shipping)
- Loads and unloads freight (Receiving/Packing/Shipping)
- Using SAP, inventories, orders, receives, and stores all needed materials
- Scans or meters product into the shipping system (Packing/Shipping)
- Prepares materials for shipment (Packing/Shipping)
- Selects product from the following storage locations not requiring material handling equipment; ambient carousel, cooler/freezer carousel, all storage zones and remote storage locations (Selection).
- Restocks product to the following storage locations not requiring material handling equipment; ambient carousel, cooler/freezer carousel, all storage zones and remote storage locations (Selection).
- Operate required equipment to produce documents for workload
- Locate, move, deliver or return all required materials to proper areas
- Accurately document all movement of materials
- Audit inventory locations to maintain inventory and location accuracy
- Follow procedures to complete full location audits
- Verifies chemicals, catalog number, lot number, special requests information, unit size and weights against order documentation found in packing instructions
- Prints and applies all required labels and markings to box to comply with hazardous materials regulations
- Condenses, straightens, and maintains warehouse areas
- Works with team leads and supervisors to troubleshoot systems issues.
- Assists with training new employees
- Reports unsafe or potentially unsafe hazards to team leads or any member of management
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
Who You Are
- Education: High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Experience: One year work experience preferred. Shipping regulation knowledge or experience is helpful. Experience packing/shipping hazardous materials helpful.
- Knowledge and Skills: Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with all levels of staff both orally and written. Ability to read, hear, speak and understand English language. Ability to work in a group setting. Ability to operate PCs, scanners, printers, CRTs, shipping equipment (meters, tape machines, etc) and various cutting instruments. Ability to demonstrate attention to detail. Ability to understands basic shipping regulations. Ability work quickly and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-pace environment.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
General Office Environment: Noise level in office environment is generally quiet.
Distribution/Warehouse Environment: Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Is occasionally required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may occasionally be wet, humid, or abnormally hot or cold.
If performing office duties: Employee is required to sit, stand, hear, and use hands to operate all office equipment. Employee must view computer monitors for long periods of time. Vision requirements are close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employee occasionally will be required to lift, generally no more than 30 pounds.
If performing warehouse/distribution duties: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time and be able to stay on your feet for eight hours. The employee must be able to talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds unassisted. Employee may be required to move more than 60 pounds with assistance. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office equipment. The employee is also required to type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.