A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Responsible for leading and driving to completion all aspects of the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP/ SIOP) process. This role will act as a prime Business Partner sitting between the sales, marketing, operations, project management, forecasting, sourcing and finance organizations. The role will lead initiatives and support metrics to ensure excellence in all aspects of service for our customers while balancing other key metrics including but not limited to inventory and capacity. The role will develop, evaluate, and make recommendations to site management team on current capacity projections. The role will be expected to interact with our key business partners to ensure timely reporting and efficient and effective operations.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Total sales revenue supported: (>$250M for 2 major business sectors)
- Type of planning: Packaging, Production, Procurement, and Controlling
- Total number of employees supervised: None at this time
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Sales and Operations Planning – develop, lead and execute business S&OP process in a fast pace growing environment.
- Serve as lead in regards to all assigned S&OP matters.
- Lead collaborative S&OP process with Sales, Project Management, Operations, Qc, and Supply Chain.
- Analyze, summarize, and present capacity, resource and supply chain needs to successfully execute site plan.
- Work with site and global supply chain planners to drive successful S&OP plan.
- Document and drive continuous improvements in S&OP process to reduce cost, risk and variation.
- Prepare volume, trend, and mix forecast with Sales, Marketing, and Strategic Business Partners for Finance, Sourcing, Planning and Site Management teams.
- Update and communicate site plans to departments and management the evolution of tasks, costs and schedule as the site progresses.
- Responsible for developing, updating, and reporting site metrics for measuring status, indicators of future progress and success of site
- Support supply chain initiatives
- Consolidate resource constraints and present options for resolution to appropriate management so that informed decisions may be made to help maintain site growth and performance.
- Lead site metric implementation(s).
Who You Are
- BS/BA in Business Management and/or Chemistry required, MBA a plus.
- APICs certifications preferred.
- Min 5 years of commercial or supply chain experience.
- Min 5 years of experience in a project management role or Sales and Operating Planning preferred.
- Marketing and/or operations experience in the chemical industry desired.
- Experience with / or exposure to multiple facilities helpful.
- Strong in SAP and Office suite.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills across all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Strong track record of leading cross functional team preferred.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines.
- Building and influencing a team.
- Strong track record of mining, analyzing and making recommendations from data.
- Some previous project management experience helpful.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
International and domestic travel may be required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.