A career at Company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Title： Associated Sourcing Director, Plant services/CAPEX
Report Line: Head of Indirect Sourcing, Greater China
Direct reports: Yes, manage a team size of 3-4 persons
Travel Frequency: Up to 30% in China
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage overall Plant services/CAPEX for China, develop team’s capability on managing CAPEX projects and other strategic initiatives.
- Develop and implement sourcing & procurement strategies and project saving/cost avoidance pipeline and align with internal business partners from different Business Sectors, i.e. Healthcare, Performance Material and Life Science
- Act as regional CAPEX category lead to drive category strategy development and global/regional initiatives at regional/local level, and interface with global category network to channel communication and knowledge sharing, further build up category expertise among CAPEX sourcing network in Region APAC.
- Drive financial contribution, supply security, supplier market innovation and digitalization in responsible areas to add values to business.
- Build up harmonized CAPEX sourcing process and know-how pool, drive supplier management and operational excellence strategic initiatives on regional and country level.
- Develop and implement business-effective sourcing strategies and project saving/cost avoidance pipeline aligned with key stakeholders
- Actively manage and conduct sourcing initiatives with respect to a best-in-class sourcing process, e.g. RFI, RFP, Benchmarking, Price Auction, Fact-Based-Negotiations, and Contracting.
- Identify and manage risk via structured risk management process and ensure availability of mitigation plans for key projects.
- Develop and maintain business agreements with suppliers in case of disputes support resolution
- Provide coaching to team and develop team’s capability on the category expertise to professionally manage their category projects.
- Under the business partnership framework guidance, strive for sourcing excellence and support business priorities to be agile to enable business growth in China market.
- Ensure effective communication with key stakeholders to gain information on business strategies, priorities & needs and feedback on service quality, to further strengthen business partnership.
- Engage in a consultative and collaborative manner to develop value added opportunities and joint initiatives with key stakeholders.
- Bachelor degree or above
- More than 8 years working experience, with more than 5 years working experience related to CAPEX or Engineering project management in international company is strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge and profound experience in Capex, facility management and MRO etc.
- Strong capability of analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Can work effectively with cross functional team and manage project remotely
- Strong and high performer is required
- Professional communication skills along with strong intercultural insights.
- Leadership and Conflict management skills is required
- Fluent in both writing and speaking of English is must
- Be able to master office tools, such as excel, PowerPoint etc.
HR 95593, Functional Area: Procurement
What we offer: At Our Company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!