A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Manufacture products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the production group and department.
- Perform production operations
- Set-up and prepare products according to current manufacturing procedures
- Ensure quality and quantity of product throughout production processes
- Clean-up equipment and working areas during and after production operations
- Coordinate appropriate disposal of waste and complete compliance documentation.
- Communicate and document status of processes, products, and equipment
- Communicate the status of production processes to Supervisor
- Provide a complete and accurate batch record at the conclusion of production process consistent with quality guidelines including Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) if applicable.
- Enter hours worked and raw materials used into SAP
- Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Perform and interpret analyticla evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Perform necessary analytical tests and evaluate results during the process and at the completion of the run.
- Ensure purity of starting material, intermediates, and final products are consistent with history and product specifications.
- Perform daily operations in a safe and orderly manner.
- Follow procedures and safety policies at all times.
- Use, clean and store all personal protective gear appropriately.
- Label all in-process equipment and containers properly.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Participate in required safety and quality training working areas.
- Improve mnaufacturing processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, principles in compliance with change control procedures.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or designee
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
Who You Are:
- BS or BA degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or related life science.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.