A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As Communications intern, you will support the Merck Life Science APAC Communications Head in supporting external and internal communications in the region. In particular, you will assist in boosting the adoption of our internal communications platform (Eva) and driving communications initiatives across the region and in Singapore. This is a great opportunity for those who would like to pursue a professional communications career in a multi-national corporate environment.
Based in Singapore, you must establish excellent and collaborative working relations with our regional and global communications colleagues.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Support the implementation of external communications activities to build a strong brand and positioning of Merck Life Science in APAC.
- Coordinate communication events/campaigns in APAC and in Singapore.
- Develop quality communication collateral.
- Act as brand consultant to ensure compliance with brand guidelines.
- Support internal communication activities in APAC.
- Coordinate and lead the production of success stories, digital and video messages.
- Organise internal events e.g. townhalls, staff gatherings, forums, web-based conferences.
- Support the running of day-to-day communications activities to ensure operational excellence in delivery of communications service to all internal stakeholders in APAC.
- Coordinate global and regional projects as assigned.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!