A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Position can be located anywhere in the US near a major local Metropolitan airport.
We are looking for a Research Segment Strategies Analyst for our Research Business Division, which includes customer institutions from universities, government, hospitals, pharma and biotech industries. Your remit will be to segment our customer base and identify high potential sub-segments containing customers that share a high degree of similarity, based on insights from various data points, such as data analytics, market trends, customer journey and geo-mapping, and help develop targeted approaches to capture business opportunities. Additionally, you will help develop targeted approaches to capture & develop business opportunities.
• Drive novel ways to approach customer segmentation
• Identify high growth and underserved sub-segment areas
• Leverage both internal and external data to arrive at fact-supported segmentation recommendations
• Explore global and regional market dynamics and variance to prioritize target sub-segments; Conduct customer interviews to obtain insights
• Understand top sub-segments’ customer journey, their pain points and needs, and make recommendations for customer programs development
Who You Are:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in biostatistics, biotechnology or related scientific discipline, and/or data science, business, statistics/mathematics; Post-graduate degree preferred
• General knowledge/experience in life science research and drug discovery workflow
• Proficient in data analysis and data modeling – regression, clustering, ML etc.
• Ability to analyze data in SQL, Python, R or similar
• Ability to dashboard in Tableau, JMP or similar
• Proficient Excel skills
• Ability to translate insights from data into actionable outcomes
• Strong business acumen
• Strong communications and presentation skills; Comfortable presenting to top management
• Work well in cross-functional teams
• Strong time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills; agile, flexible
• Comfortable/experienced in customer discussions
• Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, both domestically and internationally
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.