A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Head, Medical Operations & Excellence LATAM supports the regional the Regional Head of Medical Affairs to establish/optimize/evolve the medical organization processes and operational mode to continuously support the company strategy and monitor the effectiveness of medical affairs department.
The role also assists Medical Organization (Global, regional and local) to ensure full alignment, leverage best practices & knowledge; Validate synergy has been gained across Global, regional and markets on key Medical procedures, capabilities and deliverables, the expectation is that this position works hand to hand with the countries in the development of the launch plans and resources needed.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Operating model - creating and embedding habits of the organization. Work in alignment and collaboration with Global MA, Local MA, commercial counterparts and R&D functions to enhance and communicate the contribution of MA, focusing on the core MA activities while maintaining transparency and compliance adherence
- Medical Governance & Infrastructure - define and establish the appropriate methodologies, tools and infrastructure which enables addressing the organization unmet needs, robust activities governance, customer facing and operational support. Oversee implementation of all IT Field Medical initiatives such as - Medical CRM, promotional/nonpromotional Material review and approval, Medical Information, Medical insights, Medical events, External Experts
- Business operations – ensures business acumen and establishes appropriate measurements which communicate the medical contribution. Focusing on KPIs, reports, dash boards and facilitate budget planning & utilization, LBE and risk management
- Medical capabilities – work with global MA and HR to define the required competency model for Medical employees focusing on talents management and Medical career aspirations; Support the MSLs capabilities development; Facilitate regional Medical brand plans in alignment to global and local MA and commercial; Support Medical Affairs Launch Readiness and Launch Excellence; Work with global MA on required Training and Procedures
- Medical Affairs Local and Regional Data Generation and Dissemination - set an appropriate infrastructure to enable required support in Regional and Local clinical trials, coordinate the required support from R&D operations and ensure main milestones are achieved – on time within budget
- Innovation projects – implement virtual digital tools which will enable gather EEs insights faster, better and in a lower cost with a much easier execution while focusing on stake holder’s satisfaction and customer facing approach. Specific areas of interest such as virtual Advisory Boards, virtual MSLs interactions, virtual studies (platforms as BYOD: Bring Your Own Device and others)
- Medical Organizational Efficiency - optimize and address resource management allocation and staffing requirements through transparent resource allocation models, maintain Positions Profiles and consistent job specific training curricula according to the business needs; Constantly strive for continues improvement
- Ad hock projects – establish and lead a best in class Medical Affairs Project Management area focusing on cross functional work streams leadership while driving the desired partnership between Medical, commercial, IT, Clinical Operations, Scientific Engagement and Communications, finance and more…
Who You Are:
- Requires a graduate degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Minimum 5 + years relevant pharmaceutical industry experience across several fields
- Extensive knowledge of the Medical Affairs activities, focusing on core Medical activities such as Data Generation Operations, IT infrastructures, Medical Information, Medical Engagement and EE management
- Track record of leading significant programs and multidisciplinary cross functional projects
- Strong leadership and ability to lead complex international teams and stake holders for a mutual cause
- Strategic and focus expert which can simplify and translate complex activities into execution plans
- Proven skills for bridging between scientific and business
- Strong leadership capabilities and ability to present and interact with senior management
- Track records for leading change management activities and mindset
- Able to influence decision making and drive project teams for ultimate results
- Proven ability to build strong, effective relationships with internal partners at all levels of the organization
- Ability for international and domestic travel as needed.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.