A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the hands-on execution of in vivo immunopharmacology studies that utilize mouse tumor models to study the anti-tumor activity of novel immuno-oncology agents. The successful individual will contribute to the execution of a research strategy focused on the evaluation of novel cancer immunotherapy approaches and further combination with conventional treatment.
Through applied expertise in tumor immunology, the incumbent will be charged with characterizing the immunological mechanisms associated with treatment and the identification of potential biomarkers.
Who you are:
We are looking for an experienced in vivo immunopharmacology scientist to drive drug discovery and development projects in Immuno-Oncology by designing and conducting in vivo pharmacology studies in murine tumor models.
- Bachelor’s with 3 plus years or master’s degree required.
- Three plus years of industry experience preferred
- The candidate should be proficient in handling rodents (rats, and mice), able to prepare formulations, administer compounds via various routes (IV, PO, IP), and collect blood as well as various tissue samples for analysis, and in vivo fluorescence imaging.
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge in vivo models that can be applied to concept discovery and drug candidate characterization
- Previous experience with multi-color flow cytometry and other immune readouts (i.e., experience in T cell activation assays, ELISA, IHC)
- Apply PK/PD relationship concepts to optimize the dose & schedule for novel biological and small molecule agents
- The candidate should be proficient in data collection/documentation all study results in the form of lab notebook reports and, as needed, contribute to the authorship of regulatory submission documents
- Follow and promote safety instructions and regulations according to Quality Management Standards.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.