A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Growth in Continuous Flow Manufacturing (CFM) at MilliporeSigma has created an opportunity for a suitable individual to apply their skills to this growing area. This is a MechatronicTechnician level position in Milwaukee (WI) that will concentrate on equipment fabrication to be employed in Continuous Flow R&D. The individual will closely interact with the Flow R&D team located in Milwaukee to achieve strong technology support. Other key functions include assistance with logic control system, periodic maintenance and calibration of equipment, assistance with inventory management and maintenance/calibration record-keeping.
- Fabricate parts, fixtures and equipment per supplied process design and product requirements in support of Continuous Flow Process Development
- Support scientific staff to troubleshoot and refine fabricated equipment as needed
- Improve operational performance and safety through preventative equipment maintenance
- Periodic maintenance and calibration of equipment
- Assistance with inventory management to ensure propoer stocking of equipment and maintenance components
- Careful record-keeping of maintenance and calibration activities to support Quality
- Assistance with maintaining and troubleshooting of logic control or other electronic control systems as necessary
- Provide support in writing customer facing reports to support customer quality requirements
Who You Are
- Required High School Diploma, GED, or HSED
- At least 5 years experience
- Associate degree in relevant field if no prior experience
- Work Experience
- Ability to work on computers with office, process control, and inventory management software
- Ability to stay on feet throughout working hours and sit, stand, walk, or reach above shoulders as needed
- May be required to wear appropriate safety gear when in a lab environment
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted and higher with assistance
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.