A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will own the DevOps platform with a focus on deploying and releasing software safely and quickly, for our bioprocessing applications. You will technically lead a small, globally distributed team to implement and operate CI/CD pipelines and enable multiple development teams across geographies to deploy and test software effectively. You will be the go-to technologist for application release automation and CI/CD.
Who you are:
- Envision and maintain a roadmap of DevOps capabilities, aligned with the emerging digital bioprocessing strategy.
- Collaborate with the team to create and maintain one or more build and deployment reference frameworks, supporting both Information and Operational Technologies.
- Actively engage with the Solution team, Systems Engineering, and Scrum teams, sharing technical knowledge, identifying their needs, offering insights and options, and delivering solutions for DevOps.
- Design, develop and implement CI/CD related processes including source code management, build management, code quality and security management, deployment and configuration management.
- Provide first and second level support for a growing technology organization.
- Bring technical knowledge and hands-on DevOps experience with integrated systems including application software, embedded and IIoT systems.
- Bring proven interpersonal skills and fluency in English to interact with a globally distributed organization.
- 15 years of software development experience
- 8+ years of DevOps and application release experience, in an Agile environment
- End-to-end expertise architecting and designing enterprise-grade CI/CD pipelines – for Java and .NET applications
- Experience in Python or other scripting languages would be highly desirable
- Experience in the Life Science domain is preferable, but not required
- SAFe 4.0 Certification (Agilist or Teams) preferable, but not required.
- Build automation/CI: Jenkins, Bamboo
- Secure repositories: Artifactory, Nexus
- Build technologies: Maven, Gradle
- SCM systems: Git/Github/Bitbucket
- Code Quality and Code Security tools
- Configuration Management: Packer, Ansible
- Deployment: XLDeploy, uDeploy.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.