A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Own the Digital Bioprocessing DevOps and Test Automation platforms with a focus on getting software released to customers safely, quickly, and in a sustainable way. Technically lead a globally distributed team to deliver and operate CI/CD pipelines, and enable and support multiple development teams across geographies, integrate and deliver software effectively and efficiently.
- Technically lead the DevOps function for the organization, and be the go-to technologist on our team for DevOps and CI/CD
- Work as part of a DevOps and SysOps team focused on developing, maintaining and supporting platforms for DevOps and Test Automation
- Develop and maintain devOps strategy / roadmap of capabilities for DevOps and automation, and deliver features in phases based on a defined roadmap and platform priorities. Focus on automation by focusing on SLAs, continuous integration and deployments, and time efficiencies
- Collaborate with the team to create and maintain one or more application build & deployment reference frameworks, supporting both IT and OT
- Extend and support the existing DevOps pipeline and the test automation platform for IT and OT
- Actively engage with the Solution team, Solutions Architect, and Scrum teams, sharing technical knowledge, identifying their needs, offering insights and options, and delivering solutions for DevOps and automation
- Design, develop and implement CI/CD related processes including code management, build & deployment pipelines, and integrating test automation with the CI/CD pipeline
- Provide first and second level support for a geographically distributed organization
- Understand inter-team impediments, risks, and issues and provide support in resolution
- Help Scrum Masters to track Agile Sprint metrics on deployments, releases, test execution and quality
- Bring technical knowledge and hands on experience in coding or testing of integrated software systems including Embedded, IIoT, Analytics, Networks, Security and Cloud and operating systems
- Bring proven interpersonal skills and fluency in English to interact with a globally distributed organization.
- Lead, mentor and guide DevOps engineers to achieve project milestones based on the strategy
Desired Experience :
- 15 years of software development
- 8+ years of DevOps and testing experience, preferably in an Agile environment
- End-to-end expertise architecting and designing CI/CD pipelines, especially enabling application release automation – preferably for Java and .NET applications
- Experience implementing automated build, deployment and release solutions scaled for enterprise use.
- Experience building test automation platforms that include frameworks, integrations to CI/CD pipelines, with appropriate reporting, logging and debugging capabilities
- 10+ years of experience developing in .NET/C# and.or Java
- Experience in Python or other scripting languages would be highly desirable
- Experience in the Life Science domain is preferable.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Deep technical skills, as a lead/principal engineer using the following technologies or similar:
- Build automation/CI: Jenkins, Bamboo
- Secure repositories: Artifactory, Nexus
- Build technologies: Maven, Gradle
- SCM systems, and designing appropriate versioning, branching and merging strategies using Git/Github/Bitbucket
- Fisheye, Crucible, SonarQube, Veracode etc., to integrate code quality and security scans into the CI pipeline
- Configuration Management: Packer, Ansible
- Deployment: uDeploy, XLDeploy
- Automation frameworks: Selenium, TestNG, Robot
- Work Management: JAMA, JIRA
- SAFe 4.0 Certification (Agilist or Teams) preferable.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.