A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Within the Biodevelopment Process Development group, you will execute projects including developing, validating and transferring analytical and chromatographic methods for biotech molecules. Manage 4 – 6 analytical scientists and associate scientist to ensure smooth execution of client projects according to budget and timelines given to the project team. Develop, validate and transfer robust analytical methods required for successful drug development and manufacturing. Support follow-up and troubleshooting on analytical methods. Support process, pharmaceutical development and pre-formulation studies with chromatographic methods, technical expertise and solutions. Compile and analyze experimental data to generate process knowledge and decide on next steps. Write development and validation reports and ensure their timely delivery. Prepare and present project updates to global project team and to upper management. This is a lab position, and you will be leading a team from the bench.
Who You Are:
- MS degree with 7+ years or PhD in biotechnology or equivalent with 5+ years in the biopharmaceutical industry, including managerial experience.
- Proven track record in biochemical characterization and problem solving. Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with methods including but not limited to CE-SDS, SE-HPLC, cIEF, LAL, host cell-DNA (qPCR), host cell protein, immunoassay and other biophysical and biochemical methods.
- Excellent knowledge of method development, validation, and tech transfer.
- Solid and proven working knowledge of DOE. Ability to critically analyze data using statistical tools and to compile technical reports.
- Experience with protein formulation strategies and development is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of common and specific software in use in analytical labs, biotech processes development, protein purification is plus to have.
- Manage analytical team; Coach team members; Manage budget & deadlines; Manage instrumentation and equipment
- Plan experiments and write protocols.
- Develop, validate and tech transfer robust analytical methods required for successful drug development and manufacturing.
- Review of data and biologic analysis including protein chemistry, chromatographic, electrophoretic, spectroscopic and mass spectrometry techniques.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.