A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Technical Service Scientist II is a key member of our Life Science Technical Service organization. The candidate will provide specialized technical support to our Life Science customers on key products and applications in the areas of cell biology, protein research, chemisty, and sample preparation. As a key interface between customers and the internal organization, our North American team aims to increase market presence, emphasize differentiation from our competitors, and build upon our reputation for excellence.
- Provide product recommendations, application support, and technical troubleshooting for phone, web, and email inquiries from internal and external customers
- Utilize CRM tools to document and report customer and account activity
- Utilize scientific knowledge and available resources to provide solutions to customers' research problems
- Generate and qualify leads and cross-selling opportunities from incoming customer inquiries
- Enhance our product information databases by documenting technical information from customer interactions
- Possess working knowledge of technical specifications, uses, applications, and literature for products
- Act as a customer advocate as well as a liaison between the customer and appropriate internal groups (Customer Excellence, R&D, Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Quality, etc)
- Document product quality issues in a professional, efficient, and concerned manner that facilitates quick and effective resolution
- Takes a proactive role in developing solutions to problems
Who you are:
- Master's or PhD in a Life Science field or Bachelor's degree with equivalent laboratory experience
- Communicate in a professional, concise way in verbal and written forms
- Curious learner and customer-focused team player
- Uses rigorous logic and expertise along with excellent probing and listening skills to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing priorities. Must be self-motivated
- Ability to work with different teams in a multicultural and international environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.