A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Reporting to the Regional Director, the Research Pharma Account Manager is responsible for executing the MilliporeSigma North America Research Go to Market strategy and achieving sales goals within assigned accounts located in South San Francisco and Peninsula Bay Area, CA. Devising and executing strategic business plans that develop deeper account relationships by protecting current business, expanding end-user client base, and grow existing account sales are key for success.
- Frequent travel within territory is requisite to meeting set objectives. Overnight travel <5%.
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by the Sales Director.
- Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates, plus monthly reports as requested on a timely basis.
- Efficiently manage territory through planned coverage and interaction with key accounts, thought leaders and end users.
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to add value to our products and services that promotes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain effective and professional communication in the field and with internal contacts in the Corporation.
- Schedule and execute seminars, product shows and pricing promotions within the defined territory.
- Manage the respective distribution partner relationships within the territory to include - but not limited to - account POA’s (Plan of Action), business reviews and training.
- Manage effective pricing strategies to include – but not limited to – contracts and customer specific pricing (CSP’s): Renewals, negotiations, and implementations.
Who You Are: The ideal candidate is driven, results-oriented, passionate for continuous learning and professional development, works with a sense of urgency, stays focused, and works well within a team and in a matrix organizational structure.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related field
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding set objectives, preferably with business-to-business sales experience. Post-graduate experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level.
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience.
- High aptitude for demonstrating business acumen relevant to the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office software in a business environment.
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and or options.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization inspiring and coordinating teamwork to achieve results.
- Sales competency which includes selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency.
- Demonstration of good presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills in implementing and executing successful plans of action that balance your sales activities with customer needs, distribution needs, purchasing agent needs, account development, interdivisional activities as well as Area/Divisional needs.
- Located in San Francisco or surrounding Bay Area, CA.
- Masters or PhD degree with laboratory experience would be advantageous.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.